These were really moist (i hate that word too but it works here) and not too sweet – you could totally leave off the frosting for a healthier muffin – it is very decadent but i had a pregnancy craving what can I say!
For the muffins
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup crushed tinned pineapple
- 4 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 2-3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 170, and grease a muffin tray
- n a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and sugar, stir to combine. Add in beaten eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir until all dry ingredients are incorporated. Fold in shredded carrots and pineapple.
- Grease muffin tins or line with paper liners, then fill with batter to 2/3 full. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 22-25 minutes. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing to racks to cool completely.
- To make your frosting use a stick blender to blend all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Now this bit is a little naughty – i used a knife to make a hole in the middle of each muffin – you can eat the bit you scoop out – chefs perks.
- Using a spatula or flat knife, fill the hole with frosting and spread or pipe over the top of the muffin too